11. 01. 2012 The IEEEXtreme 5.0 (24-hour programming competition) organized by IEEE WIE Co-chair Maria-Alexandra Paun has been advertised in EPFL Internal Magazine, "Flash".
IEEE EPFL Student Branch and its activities became in this way visible to a large audience.
At this international online contest, Switzerland was represented by EPFL with four teams.
The event was very well received.
01. 11. 2011 IEEEXtreme Programming Competition 5.0
The international IEEEXtreme Programming Competition 5.0 took place at EPFL on October 22nd 2011. The successful event was open to IEEE members and it was co-organized on behalf of the IEEE EPFL Student Branch by Maria-Alexandra Paun, PhD student in Microelectronics and co-Chair of IEEE WIE Affinity Group in Switzerland.
On this occasion, four teams represented EPFL and wrote code to solve the 17 proposed problems in four phases, for 24 hours non-stop. The programmers were tested not only for their coding expertise, but also for the speed and stamina in solving as many questions as possible.
The programming test of endurance has proven to be a worldwide success:
* IEEEXtreme 5.0 welcomed members from 65 countries in every region!
* More than 1'500 teams registered - over 4'000 students and 450 proctors!
* There were 31'444 solution submissions!
The final results are to be announced by IEEE in November.
07. 10. 2011 Four teams joined the IEEEXtreme 5.0 Programming Competition at EPFL.
We are looking forward to the start of the competition!
27. 09. 2011 WIE co-chair Maria-Alexandra Paun organizes at EPFL on October 22nd the IEEEXtreme 5.0 Programming Competition which lasts for 24h non-stop!
We kindly welcome the most motivated programmers.
08. 06. 2011 The IEEE EPFL Student Branch inaugural event succeeded in attracting more than 40 people and resonated well with the audience.
To this occasion, WIE co-chair Maria-Alexandra Paun promoted the aim, mission and activities of the Women in Engineering Affinity Group.
25. 05. 2011 The inaugural event of the IEEE EPFL Student Branch will be held on May 30th at EPFL.
Within this framework, WIE co-chair Maria-Alexandra Paun will be giving a short presentation about IEEE Women in Engineering.
We are looking forward to your attendance!